Duplo has reinforced its top slot in booklet making and saddle stitching with the launch of a new model equipped with greater sheet feeding capacity: the 600 PRO Digital Booklet System.
The system is ideal for commercial printers, education, public and private sector and processing industries, where high-volume digital and litho print production require robust and productive finishing solutions.
The Duplo 600 PRO Digital Booklet System is a fully automated stitching, folding and trimming solution based on the easy-to-use DBM-600 booklet maker. However, unlike the standard 600 Digital Booklet System, which includes the DSF-2200 sheet feeder, the 600 PRO uses the DSF-6000 sheet feeder, which has three times the capacity of the DSF-2200.
Unveiled at Duplo’s London Calling in November, the DSF-6000 works super-efficiently with the highest speed digital print systems from all the main machine manufacturers. In February 2016, the DSF-6000 was also unveiled as part of the iSaddle PRO saddle stitching system.
Additional major benefits of the Duplo 600 PRO Booklet System include:-
• Industry-exclusive features such as A4 landscape format
• Easy set-up and full automated precision; user friendly with minimal operator intervention required
• Clear paper path so full control of the production process
• Optimised PC controller that enables operators to create and save an unlimited number of jobs for future instant recall
• Production speeds of up to 5,200 booklets per hour. Adding the optional DKT-200 2-knife trimmer increases this to up to 9,000 booklets per hour
• This knife trimming allows the user to take printed SRA3 or B3 sheets directly from the press and finish the booklet in one operation
• Tool-less operations and job changeover times of less than a minute
• High versatility and modular set-up that can be re-configured and expanded as demands change
Peter Jolly, Duplo UK Managing Director, said: “High volume print environments have their own special requirements from their post-press department, and the 600 PRO booklet system gives them the muscle power to keep finishing on pace with printing.
“This is another example of Duplo’s commitment to developing cutting edge technology solutions, tailored to our customers’ needs. Duplo has the widest range of booklet makers and saddle stitchers in the industry, all built around our unique vision of automated precision, and the 600 PRO extends our leadership further."