Duplo International Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales, registered company number , having a registered address at Automated Precision House, Hamm Moor Lane, Addlestone, Surrey KT15 2SD United Kingdom.
This website (www.duplointernational.com) and its owners (Duplo International Limited) take a proactive approach to ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect your privacy throughout the time you spend on our site.
- We abide by the UK Anti-Spam and Data Protection Acts
- We may collect information about your computer for statistical analysis
- We do not share nor sell your data with any advertisers
- If you submit our contact details by filling in one of the forms on this website, we may share it with one of our authorised partners who look after your region or country on Duplo International’s behalf
- You can unsubscribe from any communications at any time
- We do not ask for your sensitive or personal information via Social Media platforms
- We do reference and link to external sites
Want to know more?
This policy will help you to understand the way this website processes, stores and protects user data. It covers the different areas of user privacy and outlines the obligations and requirements of the users, the website and the website owners.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address details of social accounts, phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, along with the details of any Duplo products you currently own or have owned in the past.
- Information we collect about you. Each time you visit our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, the country you are accessing the internet from, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for', page response times, download errors, length of visits to pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
- If you complete one of our website forms and receive an email, we will track the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is not a comprehensive list].
A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to your device when you access certain websites. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website each time to re-visit the site. Cookies are also useful because they allow a website to recognise what devises visitors are viewing the site with.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, and only where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to generate personal profile reports about you which we use to help to tailor our site, and our interactions with you to suit your preferences.
If you are an existing Customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you or our customer.
If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- with an authorised 3rd party company who has been appointed by Duplo International Limited as your sales and service agent
- We do not allow 3rd parties to advertise on our website and therefore do not disclose any information about identifiable individuals to any advertisers.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation,
- In order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Duplo International Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Contact & Communication
When you choose to contact us, you do so at your own discretion. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. We have taken every effort to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but we must advise you that when you use a form to email processes you do so at your own risk.
We use the information you have submitted to provide you with further information about our products and to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to our email newsletter program as described below. Or where you have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights regarding receiving email marketing material.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. You can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at your own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreements with you.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website's email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is not a comprehensive list]. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply you with more relevant content based around your activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable, clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, you are advised to adopt caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites, similar to; Duplo Corporation or Duplo USA.)
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. You should therefore note; you click on external links at your own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms we participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
You are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate, engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. We do not ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to instead use primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. You are advised before using these social sharing buttons that you do so at your own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7yB1FhbS8g).
You are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by us. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published, many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by writing to us at the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How can you Update or Change your Information?
If at any time you wish to change your information, you can contact us via this form, providing the updated information.
If you would like to be removed from our database completely, please write to us at the address stated at the top of this policy.
Resources & Further Information
Last update - March 2017. We reserve the right to change our data practices from time to time.
Duplo International Limited, Automated Precision House, Hamm Moor Lane, Addlestone, Surrey KT15 2SD United Kingdom