Duplo UK has today unveiled its iSaddle PRO Digital System targeted at high-end production.
This new configuration for near-line saddle stitching combines the Duplo DSF-6000 sheet feeder with the iSaddle.
The iSaddle PRO Digital System provides a ‘unique solution’. It converts pre-collated digital media into high quality booklets, to meet the needs of modern high-speed digital presses that provide longer, print runs faster.
This launch reinforces Duplo’s number one position as the provider of the widest range of bookletmaking and saddle stitching finishing systems in the printing industry.
Once again, Duplo is bringing saddle stitching technology to the high volume digitally printed applications, such as A4 landscape, brochures, personalised reward statements and photo album booklets. https://youtu.be/nxDzbrbQILc
Dubbed the ‘big brother’ of the DSF-2200 sheet feeder, unveiled at Duplo’s London Calling in November, the DSF-6000 has three times the capacity. It works incredibly efficiently with the highest-speed digital print systems from all of the main machine manufacturers.
Other major benefits of the Duplo iSaddle PRO Digital System include:
• Full personalisation, every booklet is unique; format changes are made within seconds
• Technologically-advanced Air Management System to ensure consistent feeding on a wide variety of paper sizes
• Finished booklets from 2-up 90mm x 75mm right up to A4 landscape and Duplo’s photo album format 300mm x 300mm, and weights from 64gsm to 300gsm
• Speeds of up to 600 sheets per minute
• Ultrasonic sensors that accurately detect feed errors, should any occur
• Fully automated through PC-based job programming systems to guarantee that operators do not make any mistakes, as well as bar code settings that ensure users are in full control of the processes
• An integrated buffer system to ensure that high speed, productivity and control of sheets being fed into and coming off the system
Peter Jolly, Duplo UK Managing Director, said: “The iSaddle PRO Digital System offers a unique solution for converting pre-collated digital media into high quality booklets. This meets the demands of the industry to produce longer print runs faster from the latest digital presses.
“As an International player dedicated to developing best-in-class technology, Duplo has an unrivalled reputation as a print finishing innovator. However, we can see opportunities to extend our reach by constantly developing further products in line with our beliefs and values that focus on precision, automation and highly-productive systems.”
Réginald De Ghellinck, Duplo International Product Manager, said: “Organisations such as banks and insurance companies have to produce personalised, confidential booklets for their customers. They need to ensure 100% that the information is going to the right person, as every single booklet produced will be unique.
“This is where digital marketing comes into its own and why the Duplo iSaddle PRO Digital System - guaranteeing full integrity - will become a must-have machine for our growing customer base”.
He added: “This high capacity sheet feeder is much faster than other systems and is aimed at customers with more demanding print volumes.”