The first look at Duplo’s Summer Festival line up is out. Headlining for the opening night of the leading finishing machinery manufacturer’s two-day musical celebration on June 14 and 15 is The Zufflers.
Having starred at music tribute festival Glastonbudget for the last six years, eagle-eyed Duplo Summer Festival goers will spot Vivid Lamination’s Marketing Communications Manager David Smith on bass for six-piece band The Zufflers.
Among the others taking to the stage will be Go Primitive from Rugby. The group was showcased by the BBC red button at Glastonbury last year and is releasing an album shortly. There is West London solo artist Ryan Webb who recently launched his successful single ‘Lucky Ones’ at the Hard Rock Café and Olivia Rose, an acoustic singer/songwriter from Kent who has just finished her first album My Roots. She will be singing selected tracks with her guitarist Jason Challis.
The Bush Doctors are also expected to draw the crowds. The Lincoln four-piece have played high profile gigs all over the UK and in Europe during their 17 years together. Lead singer Richard Askam is a world-renowned print industry public speaker having created the online “Share a Coke” campaign. He now advises print businesses on how they can use digital print and personalisation to unlock relationships between brands and consumers.
“There’s already a real buzz around the event, we’ve got some fantastic performers lined-up and everything is being done to create an authentic festival atmosphere,” said Sarah Crumpler, Duplo UK Marketing Manager. “Duplo has a reputation for bringing people together and doing things differently, this festival is set to take that to the next level!”
She added: “The stage acts are not the only performers expected to be making headlines at the event. Duplo will also be launching its revolutionary new DuSense sensory coater. Alongside which will be a wide range of market-leading finishing technology from Duplo, Vivid, Renz and Friedheim complemented by workflow solutions from Infigo Software.”
The task of keeping everyone on track has been gallantly taken on by the print industry’s Chris Rushton, from London-based agency, It Has To Be Brilliant.
For more information on the festival’s amazing line up check out their facebook pages linked from Duplo’s website duplofest.co.uk/line-up/
Tickets are limited so please make sure you get online and register for your ticket duplofest.co.uk
The countdown is over and Duplo UK’s simple and intuitive new website has been given lift off.
The launch of the next-generation site, designed following close customer collaboration and interaction, is being marked with a rocket-themed twitter competition.
Duplo is challenging customers to take creative images with specially crafted die cut space rockets. To enter, simply post your rocket photo on twitter @DuploUK with the hashtag #DuploRocket. The most inspired entries on twitter will win a family day out to the National Space Centre.
Contact us to request your rocket.
A 6.5ft rocket will also be appearing in various locations and at key events over the coming months for more social media madness.
Sarah Crumpler, Duplo UK Marketing Manager, said: “The beauty of this intuitive highly accessible site is that it was created with our customers’ needs in mind. Following extensive interviews, we used the feedback to create a practical site that is designed for purpose. It is as much about applications as products.
“That is why we have created this integrated campaign across print and digital media with a social media competition. We wanted to show how creativity and high quality can be combined to deliver very powerful results that demonstrate how any campaign can reach for the stars.”
Competition Terms and Conditions
- Prize: 1 of 4 family days out (valid for 2 adults & 2 children) to the National Space Centre.
- Competition details form part of these terms and conditions
- Competition Dates: 27th April to 30th June 2017
- Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees (and their families) of Duplo.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The winner(s) is(are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prize. Prizes are subject to availability.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, Duplo reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name and photograph and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Duplo relating to any post-winning publicity.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, Duplo reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
- Confirmation of the prize will also be made in writing to the winner(s).
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the competition and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
Commercial printer Flexpress has installed the UK’s first Duplo DuSense DDC-810 ‘Sensory Coater’, which will be given its official launch at the Duplo Summer Festival.
Click here to read the full article.
Duplo breaks into digital spot varnishing with compact device.
What does it do?
The DuSense DDC-810 ‘Sensory Coater’ is a compact embellishment inkjet used to print clear UV spot varnish with the option of raised and textured finishes that resemble embossing. It can take sheets up to long B3 format (364x740mm) and register the spot coating to pre-printed images.
Click here to read the full article.