Trend #4: Transactional Printing
Trend #6: Variable Data Printing
Importance Of Staying On The Trend
QR code integration is probably one of the most popular new features widely integrated into print marketing in 2022. QR codes can be used to track response rates and even personalise each piece of printed material where they are included. QR code integration is just one popular trend that is transforming print marketing.
Despite the world quickly becoming digital, 82% of consumers still trust print marketing. That means this industry is still one of the most effective ways to reach and connect with your target audience. To ensure you’re keeping up with the latest trends, we’ve compiled a list of print marketing trends for 2022.
Trend #1: QR Code Integration
As mentioned, QR codes are becoming increasingly popular in print marketing. This is because they offer a quick and easy way for consumers to connect with your brand online.
- How to use it: You can use QR codes in various ways in your print marketing materials and campaigns. For example, you can include them on business cards, flyers, and direct mailers.
- What to consider: When using QR codes, ensure that the code is easy to scan and takes the consumer to a mobile-friendly landing page.
This technology allows consumers to see digital content in the real world.
Trend #2: Augmented Reality
Augmented reality is another trend that is becoming more popular in creative print marketing. This technology allows consumers to see digital content in the real world. Augmented reality is often used with printed materials, such as magazines and catalogues.
- How to use it: Augmented reality can be used to create an interactive experience for your readers. You can also provide additional information about your product or service.
- What to consider: When using augmented reality, ensure that the content is relevant and engaging. You also must ensure that the technology is compatible with your target audience’s devices.
Trend #3: Personalisation
Personalisation is another trend transforming print marketing. This involves tailoring your marketing materials to your target audience’s specific needs and interests. Personalisation helps you establish a more personal connection with your readers.
- How to use it: You can create personalised business cards, flyers, and direct mailers. You can also customise coupons and discounts.
- What to consider: When personalising your print marketing materials, consider your target audience. Make sure that the information you include is relevant and interesting to them. You also want to ensure that your personalisation efforts do not come across as intrusive or pushy.
Trend #4: Transactional Printing
Transactional printing is a print marketing strategy that uses transactional data to create personalised communications. This trend is becoming increasingly popular as businesses look for ways to connect with their customers on a more personal level.
- How to use it: Transactional printing can be used to create custom invoices, statements, and receipts. You can also use it to create personalised loyalty cards and coupons.
- What to consider: If you plan to do transactional printing, you must understand your customer base well. Doing so will ensure their appreciation for the kind of customised communications you will create.
Trend #5: Digital Artwork
Digital prints are another type of print marketing that is becoming increasingly popular. This trend involves using digital printing technology to create prints that are more detailed and realistic than traditional prints.
- How to use it: Digital artwork can create amazing posters, banners, and flyers. You can also use them to print customised business cards and invitations.
- What to consider: When using digital artwork, you must use a high-quality printer. This will ensure that your prints are of the best quality possible. Not doing so could result in pixelated or blurry prints, lowering the quality and affecting customer perception.
Trend #6: Variable Data Printing
Variable data printing allows you to customise your prints based on customer data. For example, you may use variable data printing to do customised coupons for your customers based on their purchase history. Or, you could use it to print personalised thank-you cards for your best customers.
Variable data printing adds a personal touch to your print marketing campaign.
- How to use it: Businesses can use variable data printing for custom coupons, discount codes, or personalised messages on their prints.
- What to consider: Customer data needs to be accurate and up-to-date when utilising variable data printing. This will make your prints relevant and targeted to the right audience.
Trend #7: Textured Printing
Textured printing adds a three-dimensional (3D) effect to your prints. This trend is becoming popular among businesses searching for ways to add an extra layer of interest to their printed materials.
By using spot UV varnish (or print embellishment) you can create texture printing on business cards with a raised logos, or premium finishes on invitations and flyers. Textured printing is an excellent way to add a unique touch to your print marketing campaign.
- How to use it: Businesses can use textured printing to print business cards, postcards, or any other printed material with a raised, 3D effect. It increases the tactile feel of the print and makes it more eye-catching.
- What to consider: When using textured printing, choose a paper that is thick enough to support the 3D effect. Otherwise, your prints may appear flimsy and cheap.
Trend #8: Die-Cut Printing
Die-cut printing lets you cut your prints into custom shapes. You could use die-cut printing to create business cards in the shape of your company logo. You may also use it to print postcards in the shape of a product you sell. Die-cut printing also adds a unique touch to your print marketing campaign.
- How to use it: Businesses can use die-cut printing to print business cards, postcards, or any type of printed material in a custom shape. It allows you to create prints that are truly one-of-a-kind.
- What to consider: When doing die-cut printing, choose a thick paper that will support the custom shape. Your prints may appear weak and cheap if you use thinner paper.
Foil stamping is a print marketing technique that uses heat and pressure to apply a thin layer of metal foil to your prints.
Trend #9: Foiling
Foiling uses heat and pressure to apply a thin layer of metal foil to your prints. Businesses are attracted to this trend because it adds a touch of elegance to their prints.
- How to use it: Businesses can use foil stamping to print business cards, postcards, or any other material with a metallic finish. This adds a touch of luxury and sophistication to your prints.
- What to consider: When using foil stamping, use a high-quality printer that’s suitable for this type of printing.
Duplo’s latest Spot-uv print embellisher includes inline foiling to incorporate textured print and fil finishing to maximise impact.
Trend #10: Print on Demand
If customers are concerned with cost-effectiveness, print on demand may be the right solution for them. Print on demand allows businesses to produce only the number of prints they need, helping them maximise their budget. With print on demand, they don’t have to order a large quantity of packaging or marketing materials.
- How to use it: Businesses can use print on demand to produce just the right volume of business cards, postcards, and other printed materials, helping them save money on printing costs.
- What to consider: When using print on demand, use any quality printer that can handle the print volume and quality required.
Stay On The Trend
Many print marketing trends are catching the attention of businesses these days. If you’re unaware of them, your business might be left behind in the competition. Ignoring these trends and focusing merely on tried-and-tested traditional print marketing methods will make your business look outdated.
You must constantly innovate and evolve your marketing strategy to succeed in today’s competitive market. It’s crucial to stay on top of the latest print marketing trends to stay ahead. Print marketing is an essential part of any marketing campaign. By updating your business and staff on the newest print marketing trends, you can provide fresh, innovative and effective marketing and branding solutions.
If you’re a print business looking to offer these trends to your customer, reach out to Duplo International. We are a leading provider of creative print marketing solutions and equipment.
Contact us today to learn how our products can help solve your print marketing needs.